Case closure processes for a TTO and TTPO are similar to other case closures except that additional requirements apply when the referral came from the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court and the child has had criminal charges adjourned for the duration of the TTO.
- Meet with the child, family and sexually abusive behaviour treatment service (SABTS) provider to consider the progress achieved and respond to issues associated with the withdrawal of services.
SABTS often extend an open invitation to the child and family to re-contact the agency in the future should any further questions or concerns arise.
- Review the therapeutic treatment plan to confirm treatment goals have been met.
- Where the child has been under a TTPO, a case plan will have been prepared (including, where appropriate, leaving care plans). Review the case plan and prepare a final version that will constitute the closure plan.
- Request a report from the SABTS provider at the conclusion of the TTO/TTPO outlining the nature and outcomes of treatment. The report should include key risk factors that may increase the risk of the young person re-engaging in sexually abusive behaviours or other problematic behaviours. Include this information in the case closure summary.
- Update the essential information categories with any new information provided in the report from SABTS.
- Where the TTR was a referral from the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court, provide a report to the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court. See Reporting back following a referral from the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court.
- If the young person’s criminal charges have been discharged by the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court due the successful completion of treatment, state this in the case closure summary.
- If the TTR was received from Victoria Police and no criminal charges were made, include this information in the case closure summary and request Victoria Police note the child’s satisfactory completion of the TTO on their LEAP database
- If the TTR was a referral from the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court, advise Victoria Police of the outcome of the TTO and request Victoria Police to note the child’s satisfactory completion of the TTO on the LEAP database.
- Undertake a review risk assessment and move the case to closure phase to finalise the closure.
- Allegations of sexually abusive behaviour (TTR)
- Investigation of sexually abusive behaviour
- Decision making after TTR investigation
- Reporting back following TTR from the criminal division of the children’s court
- Managing therapeutic treatment orders and therapeutic treatment placement orders
- Leaving care procedure
- Reviewing the risk assessment