Case practitioner tasks
For additional information see Intensive Bail - advice.
- Advise your senior practitioner – supervisory, a young person is being assessed for suitability for intensive bail by youth justice.
- If requested, provide the youth justice worker with a copy of the child’s endorsed case plan, or most recent case plan and any other plans and closure summary if the case was closed in the past month and any other plans.
- For open cases, nominate yourself as the child protection contact point for youth justice regarding the particular child. For closed cases greater than one month direct youth justice to the central contact point.
- Attend planning meetings if invited and contribute to care plan meetings.
- Record a case note in CRIS regarding the suitability assessment and the information provided by child protection, record actions relevant to the young person’s bail conditions, such as any breaches to the youth justice case manager.
Senior practitioner - supervisory, tasks
- Provide ongoing supervision and support to the child protection practitioner.
- Advise team manager about the suitability assessment for intensive bail or conditions of a young person’s intensive bail.
Team manager / practice leader tasks
- Provide support to staff regarding intensive bail processes.